chaturbhuj temple, orcha
The Chaturbhuj Temple was built by king Madhukar Shah (1554 159,~ A.D.) for his queen Ganesh Kuowari to install the image oL Lord Rama, brought from Ayodjya. Constructed in rectangular plan, the sanctum is crowned wilh a massive and conical spire. The main sabhamandapa has an arched dome. Its outer view appears to be an admixture of temple and palace. From the top of the temple one can enjoy the panoramic view of Orchha. Jujhar Singh Palace, Rama Raja Mahal, Palki Mahal etc. are clearly visible from here.