garmin origin 450-5 import from google earth, gps
Garmin Oregon 450 - Import from Google Earth
It was said that when technology became so advance, it becomes indistinguishable from magic.
I am going to show you some magical features of Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
By the way, most of these features also works in Dakota, Colorado and other version of Garmin Oregon.
- Import waypoints from Google Earth
- Garmin Basecamp now allows direct import from Google Earth KML or KMZ files, so you can create waypoints using Google Earth and import them directly to your GPS.
- The advantage of using Google Earth to create waypoints is they have a lot of POI that is not available on any GPS software
- For example, they have the user photos from Panorama, it is very useful to create waypoints that is not included on any maps
- They also have the Wikipedia entries of important monuments, so not only you can go somewhere but you can also read up on the details within your waypoint.
- And of course, the normal bus station location and hotel locations which is standard on any mapping software.